David’s law practice is focused in matters of technology, finance, manufacturing, maritime, land development, construction and investment. He regularly handles transactions including business mergers and acquisitions, commercial and real estate financing, and technology licensing, as well as the resolution of complex disputes through litigation and arbitration.
He lectures on topics of marine finance, intellectual property law, and arbitration law and practice. He has served as a member of the Panel of Arbitrators, American Arbitration Association, and as counsel or arbitrator in both construction and securities disputes. He has been published in West’s Federal Practice and Procedure, Benedict on Admiralty, and other legal journals. Having served as chair of the Committee of Marine Financing of the Maritime Law Association of the United States, David drafted several significant federal maritime statutes ultimately enacted into law and has testified before a House of Representatives subcommittee. He has also previously served as chair of the International Commercial Law Committee of the Maryland State Bar Association, chair of the Marine Financing Subcommittee of the American Bar Association, and chair of the Admiralty Committee of the Bar Association of Baltimore City.
David is a fellow of the Maryland and the Baltimore City Bar Foundations. He has served as a trustee of the Maryland Historical Society and is active in other civic and community organizations. David is admitted to practice before the bars of Maryland and the District of Columbia.
- Committee of Marine Financing of the Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Marine Financing Subcommittee of the American Bar Association
- Admiralty Committee of the Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Fellow, Maryland State Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Baltimore City Bar Foundation
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.A., Princeton University